Moving to the cloud is no longer an option but a necessity.
Traditional ERP simply does not offer and cannot leverage digital technologies at a rapid enough pace to accommodate innovation in the marketplace.
In a recent APQC survey, 76% of business leaders said their current ERP system is unacceptable due to a lack of usability and insights and a prolonged and costly implementation cycle.
More than ever, business and IT demands build a case for cloud adoption. Oracle, a CSC alliance partner, offers multiple cloud models:
We find clients turn to these models because of similar driving factors:
- Modular adoption, enabling a single process to complete enterprise
- Built-in best practices, enforcing out-of-box implementation
- Embedded digital capabilities – social, mobile, real-time analytics
- Breadth and depth of offerings to build complete cloud solution
- Lower total cost of ownership with usage-based billing
- Rapid and agile deployment cycle, reducing time to market and cost
We encourage clients to review their current scenario and build short- and long-term cloud road maps that get them to where they want to ultimately go. Here’s a quick rundown of some use cases that we see working best for different types of Oracle solutions:
- Migrate and modernize legacy apps to avoid upgrades
- Initiate digital transformation and cloud journey
- Uptake modern best practices by Pillar HCM, ERP, SCM CX within a business unit or entire business
- Enable rapid onboarding of new acquired business unit
- Adapt newer technologies – UX, social, mobile and advanced analytics
- Extend and enrich SaaS to leverage existing IT assets
- Build new capabilities with standard tools
- Migrate legacy custom apps on a single platform Create custom applications to work with the cloud
- Create mobile apps, share documents and data analysis with external partners
- Extend existing IT footprint with advanced engineering storage and compute functionality
Oracle Public Cloud Machine
- Address customer needs to meet business, legal and regulatory requirements to keep IT within the data center
- Continue to leverage benefits of customer datacenter with modern business apps and cloud services
All of these evolving cloud models are changing the role of the software vendor with customers and internal IT staff, and they’re complicating the decisions business units and IT leaders must make. But with a clear map forward, businesses can start benefiting from cloud adoption now and know they’re heading in the right direction for a successful future.
David Mobbs is Global Competency Lead, Oracle Cloud Applications at CSC.
Manish Patel is Americas Competency Lead, Oracle Cloud Applications at CSC.