The CSC Agility Platform team released a new integration (Adapter) to Virtustream xStream. Virtustream’s xStream is a comprehensive cloud management tool focused on efficient application management and service delivery for enterprises and service providers.
The Agility Platform provides a single unified console across multiple Public and Private Cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, VMWare, SoftLayer and many others. With the addition of the VirtuStream’s xStream Adapter, our customers have even more options for their back-end cloud tools, without compromising the security, governance and orchestration that the Agility Platform applies across all cloud providers.
As you can imagine, there is a long list of features that the VirtuStream xStream Adapter has, but here are some highlights:
- Discovers network, model, location, instance and image assets within VirtuStream
- Within the Agility Platform UI, properly permissioned users are able to:
- Provision, start, stop, restart and release both Windows and Linux instances
- Create and delete snapshots
- Create, delete, mount, unmount volumes
- Leverage encryption options for volumes
- Reconfigure CPU, and memory of running instances
- Manage network and firewalls
Please refer to the release notes for more details on features and functionality.
Customers who have the Agility Platform installed within their own data center(s) can upgrade to the newest version of Agility and/or updated adapters. Please refer to the documentation to review which versions of the Agility Platform the Adapters have been certified against; an upgrade of Agility may be required.
For customers using CSC managed cloud offerings, such as BizCloud or CSC Hybrid Cloud, discuss this update with your account representative. Those CSC Services follow a separate schedule for updating the platform and the unique services they provide.
– Tobin Isenberg