NSX is a feature of VMware NSX for vSphere (NSX-V). Application designers can now drag and drop NSX directly into Agility Platform blueprints.
Our customers regularly deploy services (i.e., corporate websites, applications, payroll, video conferencing systems, etc.) that have a requirement around uptime and high availability (HA), meaning that if the application/service were to go down, it would have a drastic impact on the business or revenue.
To achieve HA, customers leverage clustering architectures within the services, such as multiple Web servers working together, multiple database servers, etc.
With this new Adapter, our customers can now drag and drop the NSX Service directly into blueprints. Each service instance of the NSX Load Balancer in Agility Platform is a service/feature within an existing NSX Edge instance. NSX-V Load Balancer Adapter will help configure the load balancer service in NSX.
Below is a subset of features supported by the NSX Adapter:
- Supports accessing NSX-V service and its associated components — virtual server, pools, nodes — from the Agility Platform and performing the following actions:
- Addition and deleting pools and pool members from the Agility Platform
- The application of default and pre-configured profiles to virtual servers
- Workload deployment along with the NSX service from the Agility Platform
- Load balancing incoming traffic based on the load balancing method applied to the pool
- Associating default and pre-configured monitors to perform a health check on nodes and pool members
- Supports deploying a NSX Service blueprint with workloads to the NSX
- Supports Inline and Proxy mode for NSX Load Balancer
Please refer to the release notes for more details on features and functionality.
Customers who have the Agility Platform installed within their own data center(s) can upgrade to the newest version of Agility and/or updated adapters. Please refer to the documentation to review which versions of the Agility Platform the Adapters have been certified against; an upgrade of Agility may be required.
For customers using CSC managed cloud offerings, such as BizCloud or CSC Hybrid Cloud, discuss this update with your account representative. Those CSC Services follow a separate schedule for updating the platform and the unique services they provide.
– Tobin Isenberg