OpenStack has been a supported integration for awhile. As with any third-party product we integrate with, OpenStack has regular releases, and the Agility Platform must re-certify each version so our customers can use the two products together.
The Agility Platform allows for customers to leverage the public and private cloud providers that they need today with the flexibility to change to others in the future with minimal disruption. OpenStack has many features that customers rely on, and with the adapter provided with the Agility Platform, those features include the ability to:
- Provision, start, stop, restart, and release Windows and Linux instances
- Manage Windows and Linux instances with or without a proxy
- Create and delete images for Windows and Linux instances
- Create and delete volumes for Windows and Linux images
- Mount and unmount volumes for Windows and Linux images
- Create and delete volume snapshots on Windows and Linux instances
- Create new volumes from a volume snapshot on Windows and Linux instances
- Revert to a previous Windows or Linux image snapshot
- Encrypt volume features available on Windows and Linux instances
- Launch Ceph-backed instances
Clients who have the Agility Platform installed within their own data centers can upgrade to the newest version of Agility and/or updated adapters. Please refer to the documentation to review which versions of the Agility Platform the adapters have been certified against; an upgrade of the Agility Platform may be required.
For customers using CSC-managed cloud offerings, such as BizCloud or CSC Hybrid Cloud, please discuss the upgrade with your account representative since those CSC offerings follow a separate schedule for updating the platform, as well as the unique services they provide.
– Tobin Isenberg